One of the objectives of the SPF is to help young phycologists to participate in international conferences.
The French Phycological Society offers a financial grant of a maximum of 400 euros to PhD students or early Post-Doc who have recently defended their PhD to participate in international scientific conferences.
To be eligible for this financial grant, you must:
- be a member of the SPF and up to date with your membership fees,
- be a PhD student or have defended your PhD in the two years before the request for grant,
- propose an oral communication or a poster,
- request the grant for an international scientific congress.
The SPF Board generally meets in October/November to examine the applications; it may occasionally call on experts who are not members of the SPF Board if it does not feel able to evaluate all the applications. The results will be presented at the SPF annual meeting in November or December of each year.
Applications must include:
- a brief CV (500 words maximum)
- a summary of your research activities (200 words maximum)
- a short text explaining why your participation in the conference is important for your career and your research activities (250 words maximum)
- an estimated budget for the costs related to your participation in the conference (registration, transport, accommodation, meals) specifying the amount requested from the SPF
- a signed statement indicating that you agree to use the SPF logo in your papers at the conference for which funding is requested if your application is accepted.